Thailand has two beautiful jewels!
Is a country in Southeast Asia. It is famous for its tropical beaches, opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins, and temples adorned with Buddha figures.
It is called the country of smiles and is one of the most hospitable and warm countries in all of Southeast Asia.
There are many islands in Thailand that are worth seeing and spending a few days. If you are looking to see the most beautiful sunsets you should visit Ko Chang and if you want to swim in the most crystal clear waters in all of Thailand you cannot miss the island of Koh Kood. These two islands are very close to each other and it is a perfect plan to visit them both at the same time. We recommend that you first visit Koh Chang for about 4 days and then Koh Kood for 3 days. These two islands still maintain the essence of what Thailand is since they are not as touristy as, for example, Phuket or Koh Samui, but the good thing is that they have many plans to do and have fun. Below we explain what to visit in these two jewels of Thailand.
Koh Chang or the elephant island in Thai, is located just over 300 km from Bangkok and is an ideal destination to start discovering the islands of Thailand or even to end your trip through the country with a last beach stop. Located in the province of Trat, Koh Chang is the second largest island in the country, after Phuket. Although it is close to Bangkok, it still maintains that touch of a quiet island to spend a few days relaxing, enjoying the sun, the sea and discovering all the wonders that the island hides.
It is a quiet island but with a lot of life. If you are looking for a place to relax and see the best sunsets in Thailand, this is your island. We were surprised when we visited it for the first time since it is not very touristy. We can say that Ko Chang is one of the most complete and magical islands we have seen. It has everything you need to enjoy it, beaches with crystal clear waters, waterfalls, jungle, temples, night market, restaurants of different nationalities, good hotels and excursions of all kinds. Here below we give you some recommendations so that you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Things to Do !
– Visit Bang Bao Beach: It is a very quiet beach with a lagoon behind that you can navigate.
– Visit Kai Bae Beach: One of the most spectacular beaches on the island with almost 2.5 km of white sand. The ideal place to get lost.
– Visit White Sand Beach: The most touristic beach on the island and where most of the resorts are concentrated.
– Visit Than Mayom Waterfall:
With its 4 levels, Than Mayom Waterfall is the most important waterfall on Koh Chang.
– Visit The Wat Klong Prao. The most important temple on the island and the venue for the Songkran and Loi Kratong festivals.
– Visit War Memorial Monument: Just to the south of the island we can find the War Memorial Monument dedicated to all those who fell in the Franco-Thai war that took place in 1941.
– Diving in Koh Chang: The main diving centers are located in the southeast of the island and its main diving spots are within the Mu Koh Chang Marine Natural Park.
It is known to be a paradise island. Its crystal clear waters and soft sand define it as a unique place to relax. It is not a very touristic island since it is not as well known as Phuket or Koh Samui, this makes it more virgin and with few infrastructures. In any case, it has a wide range of medium-high level hotels. Koh Kood offers many activities to do such as diving, exploring the island by motorcycle, kayaking, fishing, visiting waterfalls and excursions through its jungle, these are some of the many things you can do on the island, and the best thing is to bathe in its waters. crystalline. One plus point is that it is also close to Koh Chang which is a bigger island with lots to do. We recommend spending a few days on each island and enjoying Thailand in two different ways.
Things To Do !
Visit the beaches:
– Ao Klong Chao: Located on the west coast, it is the most famous beach on the island and with the most variety of accommodation.
– Bang Bao: Calm beach with crystal clear waters is well known for its good snorkeling.
– Ao Phrao: Located to the south west of the island, it is a quiet bay with a spectacular beach, perhaps the most beautiful on the island.
– Snorkeling: Take a boat trip where you can see the seabed of Koh Kood. In this excursion food and drinks are included. There are several stops, on a Virgin Island, another to snorkel, see an area where there are statues at the bottom of the sea next to a beautiful coral. This excursion is the best of the island and you cannot miss it.: Take a boat trip where you can see the seabed of Koh Kood. In this excursion food and drinks are included. There are several stops, on a Virgin Island, another to snorkel, see an area where there are statues at the bottom of the sea next to a beautiful coral. This excursion is the best of the island and you cannot miss it. We recommend the company BB Dive for this excursion.
– Visit Khlong Chao Waterfall.
The most famous waterfall on the island. Located near Ao Klogn Chao, it is ideal to take a good bath and cool off when visiting the island by motorcycle. There is also the Khlong Yai Ki Waterfall, located in the northern part of the island, it is also ideal for a good swim in its natural pool.
– Kayaking on the Khlong Chao River.
This small river that will flow into the bay of Khlong Chao is perfect for practicing a bit of kayaking. You can even go sailing to the vicinity of Khlong Chao Waterfall.
– Visit the fishing village Ban Salad. It is ideal to enjoy a good fish or seafood. It has a wide variety of restaurants where you can choose for yourself the product you want to be cooked for.
– Relax: Koh Kood is a quiet island where you can find local restaurants in the middle of nature, you can enjoy good food, cocktails and watch the stars. Enjoy it and relax!